Hot events in Halifax this weekend, as suggested by readers. Know something we should add? Post a comment with the …
Weekend GuideBy Trevor J. Adams | Sep 9, 2011
Tags: events, music, weekend
Hot events in Halifax this weekend, as suggested by readers. Know something good we should include? Post a comment with the details.
- Continuing through Sunday: The Italian Canadian Cultural Association’s Agricola Street Hall hosts Italian Weekend—an annual celebration of Old World culture, food and entertainment.
- 8pm: The Halifax Drum Festival kicks off with an eclectic concert at Alderney Landing in Dartmouth.
- 3pm–10pm: Some 50 urban artists (including Halifax’s own hip-hop hero Ghettosocks) perform at the Hopscotch Free Main Event Concert on the Halifax Common.
- 7pm: Drop by First Baptist Church on Oxford Street for a free swing-dance lesson from the Dalhousie Swing Dance Society.
- 2pm–4pm: The Halifax Public Gardens Sunday Concert Series concludes for the season with a performance by jazz trumpeter Mike Cowie and his band.
- 8:30pm: The Atlantic Fringe Festival wraps up with the audience-participation cabaret show Zuppa Karaokalypse at The Bus Stop Theatre on Gottingen Street.