Cool weekend events in Halifax, as suggested by readers. Know something good we should include? Post a comment with the …
Weekend GuideBy Trevor J. Adams | Sep 16, 2011
Tags: concerts, Entertainment, music, wine
Hot events in Halifax this weekend, as suggested by readers. Know something good we should include? Post a comment with the details.
- 7pm: The Atlantic Film Festival continues with the “Atlantic Gala” screening of Thom Fitzgerald’s Cloudburst at the Oxford Theatre.
- 7pm: The Halifax Mooseheads play their first home game of the season, as highly touted rookie Nathan MacKinnon et al take to the ice against Acadie-Bathurst.
- 11am–3pm: There is live entertainment and family events at several sites along Quipool Road during the Quinfest Family Fun Day. Rocker Jon Mullane performs at 1pm.
- 5pm–10pm: Just outside Halifax in Waverly, the Inn on the Lake in Waverly is marking the Nova Scotia Wine Festival with special dinners each weekend. Chef Roger Joharchy pairs special multi-course meals with a flight of local wines.
- 10am–6pm: Discover how millions of displaced people around the world live. It’s the final day for the Doctors Without Borders Refugee Camp in the Heart of the City on the Garrison Grounds.
- 8:30pm: The laid-back Sunday night Blues Jam at Bearly’s on Barrington Street is the perfect way to shake off the Sunday-night blues and steel yourself for another work week.